Sunday, May 01, 2022

Reminiscing “The Last Leaf” by O.Henry

While some of our homeless friends have pets for company and healing, this man might have a “garden” in his grocery cart that is his “home” on the street, away from home and loved ones. He is transplanting a tiny plant from the street planter into a styro cup. 

I thought that if I should be in his position one day, a potted plant would surely keep me good company and cheer me up day by day, helping me heal from whatever brought me to the street: domestic violence, depression, PTSD, schizophrenia, dementia, etc. (Dementia more like it, I guess.) We all have our own stories, and our job is to be compassionate and kind with one another. How about painting a leaf of hope for those who are losing it? MLJ/01/05/2022/Watering PlantsOnASunday 


No comments:

Post a Comment