Friday, February 17, 2017

Goodbye, Stuart

Thank you, Stuart McLean, for making me fall in love with stories and storytelling again. I've been fortunate to have enjoyed your shows since I came to North America in 2005, keeping me company and making me laugh, especially while on long trips by myself. Truly I shed tears for your family's loss and our loss, as your followers. I will miss your company, but will always remember you for your humour and humility. Yes, so long for now...


"I don’t think airing repeats is fair to those of you who listen every week and have been so loyal over these past two decades. Nor is it fair to the writers and producers who are busy creating new work. There are lots of people creating great work, and it deserves to be heard and enjoyed.
So, for the time being, I’m going to step aside and make room for others to share their work on the radio. Starting in January 2017, we won’t be airing The Vinyl Cafe on CBC Radio, Sirius XM 169 or podcast. Public Radio stations in the USA will be airing episodes of Vinyl Cafe Stories until the end of February 2017.
I wanted to tell you that, but I don’t want you to worry about me. A year ago I told you that I expected this to be just a bump in the road, not the end of the road. I still believe that to be true. I hope we will meet up again—on the radio or in theatres. We’ll make sure to tell you before that happens…
In the meantime, look after yourselves and each other. And know that this isn’t goodbye. It’s just … so long for now." - Stuart McLean -


No comments:

Post a Comment