Monday, August 14, 2023

Oh, Kids!

My three-year-old friend slides down the inclined platform of an outdoor wooden playhouse, stands at the bottom, hands akimbo, looks up at me, and says, “Your turn.”

I was so tempted to show off my skill but with my aged knees and osteoporosis, I said, “No, thank you. I’ll take the steps.”

She was so disappointed!

_____________

Child: I like your glasses.

Me: Thank you.

Child: Can I take them off? I wanna see your eyes.

Me: Umm… I don’t think so.

Child: Why not?

Me: ‘Coz I won’t be able to see you. I’d be blind.

Child: Huh?

_____________

 

It’s the pre-school teacher’s birthday today, and she brought cakes for snacks, and bags of treats and packs of Oreos as giveaways.

One child exclaimed, “Oreo’s not healthy!”

_____________

A four-year-old boy’s daily expressions include the single F-word or WTF among others, confused why he can’t use them elsewhere when they’re frequently used at home, especially by his Mom. Child caregivers are in a quandary.

MLJ/12/08/2023AmidstAChaoticWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment