Friday, December 30, 2022

One's Trash, Another's Treasure… Somewhat

"Free to a good home," said the note on a bin of Goldie Blox: My Diary of Inventions that sat in the gym along with unwanted books, toys, carpets, desks, chairs, shelf cabinets, etc. after the renovation of a school building. All bound for the landfill… And I thought about all the other schools around that world that didn’t have student desks or books, let alone a building.

It’s been a year since I picked up this bin, waiting for this Christmas break so that I could finally check if anything could be built with the parts. The result? Two out of five “inventions” have the parts needed to be built: Derby Racer and Nacho’s Doghouse. Not bad, I thought, considering how creative children can be. I could imagine them building their own designs with the remaining parts. What do you do with your old toys? MLJ/30/12/2022      


  


No comments:

Post a Comment