Sunday, May 15, 2022

Literature is a She

ONE of my former professors once defined Literature as a "SHE" - a significant human experience. I thought that it might be relative as I might write about what I thought would be significant for me but might be perceived as something insignificant by others. It's all relative. Nevertheless, I thought that nothing and no one should stop one from writing whatever one thinks is worth recording and sharing. The FNMIs’ and slaves’ experiences as well as the explorers’, the colonizers’ and the traders’ are all significant and should shed light to the current turmoil that this generation might find hard to comprehend. It’s only through true and precious oral or written literature that the human spirit can be awakened or enlightened and be capable of understanding, compassion and brotherhood. Let us continue to encourage our children to read or listen to the SHE in the library or in the technology they can’t do without, and exercise critical thinking as they navigate what seems like the heaviest traffic on this information superhighway. MLJ/15/05/2022        




No comments:

Post a Comment