Saturday, April 16, 2022

Clothes, oh, clothes!

When flying to Hawaii is not an option, it means it’s time for spring sorting, and donating to the thrift shop what hasn’t been used in two years. Yes, that’s a lesson passed by Oprah. I don’t have lots nor do I keep lots as I move a lot, but looking at suitcases labelled winter, spring, and summer, I thought that was too much. (On the other hand, how can I wear a down coat in summer or a denim jacket in winter?) So I rolled up my sleeves and finally made the following labels:

1.      business suits – to keep should an occasion arise,

2.      winter clothes – to keep for the winter that actually starts in fall,

3.      summer clothes – to keep even though this season is two short months only,

4.      don’t-fit-anymore clothes, as I’m older and my middle is wider – to go,

5.      too-large-for-me clothes, as I never use fitting rooms when shopping – to go,

6.      really-nice-but-never-worn clothes – to keep like pieces of painting or sculpture!!!

To have this 6th category makes me feel like a hoarder, so I promise to let go of them next spring sorting. What are you letting go? MLJ/16/04/2022


No comments:

Post a Comment