Friday, June 21, 2013

365 Things

What better way to spend emergency evacuation day or Mayor Nenshi’s “Family Day” in a city inundated by torrential rains than to practise painting with Fionna Watt’s “365 Things to Draw and Paint” (after preparing emergency kits, that is)? Here are my favourites which I was supposed to complete with mixed media (paint and ink), but with my lack of ink (and the closure of stores) I had to settle with paintbrushes and an unsteady hand most of the time. These will be contributed to my Day Care children’s summer 2013 project: Support Alberta Cancer Foundation. The children will sell them to raise funds for ACF, in addition to collecting pennies and making bracelets. Two years ago, these children raised almost $100 by making/selling friendship bracelets during their summer break. The proceeds were delivered to the Calgary Humane Society before the children went back to school. It was a great accomplishment for them. Please contact me if you want to support my children’s project. Thank you.


Finger-Painted Parrots



Silhouette



Decorated Elephant



Fruit and Flower Patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment