Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Day I Kept Forgetting

Yesterday I kept forgetting
It was summertime, the sun was shining
The temps in the 90’s, I was burning
But to myself, I kept telling
“When it rains, it pours.” What was I thinking?
I kept forgetting, on my skin the sun was pounding!

Why? The dry cleaner couldn’t produce the leather jacket I had abused
Then my old car stalled, to move farther it refused
Towing and repairing, chopping and disposing? It got me confused!
So myself with TV I tried to amuse
But only 3” of my 5” TV would produce!
“When it rains, it pours.” What was I thinking?
I kept forgetting, the sun was still out there waiting!

So myself I tried educating, the internet I kept surfing
Then wanting to print, the machine wasn’t working!
Hence I’m stranded in the house brooding
With leftover foods near spoiling!
Then I thought about phoning friends
But my cell phone suddenly came to its end
Why? It had only a year to lend?

“When it rains, it pours.” What was I thinking?
I kept forgetting, as the sun was silently sinking
I thought nothing else should be soon happening
I couldn’t wait for the morning…

Just then my dying TV
Showed me what a pouring rain could be
North Texas flooded and people had to flee
Whilst trying to save lives and property
Now that’s real rain to me
What was I thinking? I kept forgetting!
It’s summertime, again the sun will be shining!
Jamison/06/19/07

No comments:

Post a Comment