Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Doe, a deer…

I’d been in and out of bed for days For eating something wrong on Saturday. Now and then I’d sit by the window And stare at the silent woods Pretending to enjoy a dose of oatmeal. I thought I’d see a deer or a bear As I marveled at the peace the sight brought Yellow leaves swirling in the air Falling gently on the grass Reminding me of the yellow ribbons From Makati’s skyscrapers One People Power’s day… I watched as some dried leaves rolled Whenever the west wind blew… Then lo and behold! A slender young doe came out From whence exactly I couldn’t tell. She looked towards Blueberry Hill Road And then to the woods Again and again, looking confused and scared Young as she was and elegant With a white diamond between her eyes (Like the third eye of a lovely Indian woman) She lingered for a while, looking here and there (And I thought she could be my pet A crazy idea indeed…) And finally trotted back to the woods To my dismay. I thought a camouflaged hunter would come out next (As always, I was creating a movie scene in my head Being a frustrated scriptwriter) But I was left with my silent woods With swaying branches, falling leaves And west wind… I thought I might not see her again For I didn’t want to call in sick like this And I missed my toothless kindergartners Their growls and their giggles Wait til I tell them about my doe, a deer… Later this day when the sun was down A handsome mule deer came out Maybe in search of my lovely doe? He had big ears and looked robust like a young prince Maybe a hunk amongst his kind? “Could he be my doe’s lover?” I asked as if I there was an answer… Jamison110806

No comments:

Post a Comment