Monday, August 05, 2024

Detective work, anyone?

Growing up, I thought I could be a soldier, a police officer, a detective or an investigator maybe, helping solve crimes and bring crooks to justice. But, of course, I did not. Now I can only admire writers who can weave plots that keep readers guessing and glued to every page, hoping they guessed the culprit right.

Thanks to Book Sale for Unhollowed Ground by Mel Starr which kept me company during a storm while vacationing in the tropics. Imagine detective work in the medieval times! Good to review medieval vocabulary though. Thanks to Calgary Public Library for Cover Art by Vanessa Westermann which uses a female protagonist instead, while nudging me to start a painting project. Hmm… Westermann is my modern representative of Agatha Christie whose Murder on the Orient Express I recently saw on screen. I don’t remember reading the book, but it reminded me of her Death on the Nile with the same detective Poirot. Hence, my own investigative challenge is to compare the film with the book. Happy reading or viewing everyone! It’s been a hot and smoky summer! We pray for rain. MLJ/05082024/ReadingTime







No comments:

Post a Comment